I will let the title speak for itself. I made this card for my sister-in-law since I did remember her b-day, but forgot to mail her a card. She loves coffee and I thought what a cute play on words. This turned out to be one of my favorite cards I have made so far!
I used my Design Studio to weld letters together from the Wild Card cartridge AND got to try out one of my favorite new cartridges, Love You A Latte! I was a little backwards at first on how it cuts out, but after a few “whoops” moments and some paper waste, I figured it out.
To get the look I was going for, I had to use the “real size” dial on the base layer and then disable that and cut the layers a few times on different paper for each layer color I wanted. I decided, that this card recipe would be better explained on a video, so I may shoot my fist one. . . . we will see.
Thank you for sharing a piece of “b-latte” pie with me!
- Wild Card for the font (I love the font on this cart!) font size was 1.5 inches.
- Love You a Latte Cricut Light – this is so far one of my top 3 fav carts! Cup shadow (dark brown paper) was cut at 5 1/2 on “real size” then the layers were cut on normal setting at 5 1/2.
- Recollections off white for card base 8.5×11 cut in half and then using a bone folder, folding in half to make a card
- Die Cuts with a View – Harvest Gatherings (mini stack 4.5×6.5) cut at 4 x 5 1/4 and then embossed
- Various scrap for cup layers and lettering (love using scrap paper for these types of projects since I seem to accumulate a ton)
Cuttlebug: Embossing Folder “Happy Birthday”
Ribbon: My Craft Spot: Baker’s Twine
Very pretty card! Love the embossing and the colors you used 🙂
thank you Samantha!