Tag Archives: Peachy Keen stamps
This week is VBS for my three-year old! While volunteering in the classrooms, I volunteered to bring a dish for one of the nights for the volunteers. Last night was my night and I made a recipe that I more or less made up with a little help from our local Trader Joe’s.
Since the dish would appear non- descript, I decided to make a fun “calling card” for the dish. Apparently the dish was a huge hit, and was gobbled up in no time flat. So if you are looking for a fun and yummy dish to take to your next potluck, here is an idea!
Chili Corndog Bake
- 1 Box of cornbread mix (follow the directions of the box to make)
- 2 packages of hotdogs (16 dogs) * I used turkey dogs
- 1 cups of shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. You can substitute jack cheese. I like mine super cheesy that melts smooth and creamy so I use mozzarella.
- 3 cans of chili with beans of your choice. * I used turkey chili with beans.
- Diced red onions (optional)
- Diced jalapeno for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a large casserole dish or aluminum throw-away bake and serve dish with oil spray.
- Empty contents of chili cans into the dish.
- Cut hot dogs in threes length wise and dice into small pieces and place in dish.
- Add 2 cups of shredded mozzarella or jack cheese to dish.
- Combine all ingredients and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle top with 1 1/2 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- Follow the directions on cornbread box and make cornbread in a seperate bowl.
- Spread cornbread evenly onto chili mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Base: I cut a piece of white cardstock down to 12 inches wide and 8 inches long and scored it to fold in half (new measurements 6×4)
- Paper: I cut down a piece of design paper from Die Cuts with a View, Summer Stacker to 6×2 2 1/2.
- Cricut cartridges: Simply Charmed (Shadow setting on hotdog and hot dog bun and mustard set at 3 inches)
- Cricut cartridges: Schoolbooks Plantain. Typed in the words “chili corndog bake” at 1 inch setting.
- Stamps: Peachy Keen Big Eyes Boy
- Stamp Ink: Stampin’ Up Classic Black
- Ribbon: Used some scrap I had.
- I attached the hot dog with dimensional.