For my project, I decided to go the frugal time sensitive approach since I was starting this project at 10 pm! I raided my supply closet, embellishment and paper stash and started with this! The 11×12 inch wood box was a leftover from a toy packaging from my kids. The 4×6 picture frame was made out of raw wood and I pulled a glass frame from a broken picture frame. The chalkboard paint is from Rust-oleum and it works and dries like a charm!
I hauled out the craft paint and painted two layers of orange and brown on both the frame and box. After it dried (each layer dried in a matter of minutes since I did light layers), I headed down to the garage with all the pieces and the glass from the frame and sanded the frame and box. Using chalkboard spray paint, I covered the glass and left to dry.
Back upstairs, I put my Cricut to work by using Paper Doll Dress-Up. I cut out the Pilgrim and Indian at 4.25 inches and then used Peachy Keen Dolly Dumplings for the face. I then used Clear Accests for the eyes and Stampin’ Up pastels for the cheeks. I added freckles and white to the eyes with Gelly Roll pens. I embossed the pilgrim hat and apron with Cuttlebug folder Swiss Dots. For the Pilgrim’s shoes, I used black Glossy Accents. The paper was Cloud Nine Holiday Stack, DCWV Harvest Stacker and Recollection card stock.
For the banners, I took some quick short cuts. Using Mini Monograms Cricut Cartridge, I cut the base at 1 1/2 inches and the circles at 1 inch. After I cleared off a large amount of dust from my sticker drawer, I rummaged through my stickers and found some white dot letters from Making Memories. I then found clear page bubbles from Making Memories. I distressed the base of the banner with ink from Stampin’ Up Pumpkin, added the stickers to the 1 inch circles and then placed the circles under the page bubbles. I used burlap twine in cream and natural and ran through each banner pendent. Using Glue Dots, I glued “Thanks” to the frame.
Using some fall paper from Cloud Nine Holiday Stack, I cut it down 10.5×10.5 and used Zip Dry to glue down. I then added Pop Dots to the Indian and Pilgrim and placed them on the box and then attached the banner to each girl using Glue Dots.
Lastly, I added the chalkboard glass to the frame and then the frame to the box with Zip Dry.
For a project that had me burning the midnight oil, I think it turned out super cute!
Thanks for sharing a piece of “whirly wind project time” pie with me!