Last Friday was My Pink Stamper’s monthly blog hop! It was showcasing two of my favorite stamp sets,Yummy-licious and Sweet Goodness while making a 3-D gift container for a holiday or special occasion.
Since I am still in the throes of Halloween party makin’ fun, I took a quick break and made a birthday gift for my neighbor’s birthday. I first made her a wall hanging for her in-home salon and then I decorated a coordinating gift box for her favorite kind of cupcakes. I actually used a quick go-to stamp technique that I learned from one of My Pink Stamper’s videos.
She loved it and it really touched her that I remembered her birthday.She is a mother of 6 children, works out of home doing hair, a fireman’s wife and has been heavily involved with the care for her father who has Parkinson’s, so she has been spread pretty thin and it was nice to do something fun that was all about her for just a moment.
Doing this project made me think about how amazing God made women to be. He knew what He was doing and what to give us to be well equipped to be the “caregiver” in the role of society and the “heartbeat” in the role of family.
Thanks for coming and having a piece of “cheers to all those that are caregivers and heartbeats” pie with me!
- Storybook (2 inch “M” shadow setting to get the scallop)
- Forever Young (dress form cut at 3 inches)
Cuttlebug: Swiss Dots embossing folder
Frame: IKEA 5×7 black “shadow” frame
Gift Box: Celebrate it (Michael’s Brand) window gift box
- Bazzill textured lime green paper
- Stampin’ Up Rock-a-bye designer paper (Cherry)- found it through my distributor (it is a 2008 style that has been retired, but there are still packs floating around out there.
- My Pink Stamper- Yummy-licious
- My Pink Stamper – Sweetest Cupcake
- My Pink Stamper – Winter Punnies
- Stampin’ Up Tart and Tangy (for the cherry)
- Craft Smart Embossing Ink
- Martha Stewart’s Arts and Crafts Markers (for the cherry) Ruby and evergreen Check out this My Pink Stamper video to see a good technique on stamping with this concept.
- Martha Stewart’s Embossing Powder – Sterling and Peridot (green)
- Michael’s Celebrate It – Red 1/4 inch
- Michael’s Celebrate It – Seasonal silver foil 1/2 inch
Additional embellishments: Kaiser Scrapbook – Emerald and small round rhinestone