Hi all! If you came over from Lissa, from Mighty Crafty, you are in the right place. If you just joined me, be sure to check out this fun and amazing blog hop by starting HERE! Be sure to leave comments to get yourself in the running for a $25 gift certificate over at the Kiwi Shop and the lucky winner will be announced on November 7th over at the Kiwi Blog.
Oh my do I have a treat for you and there are no tricks for of those of you that are recovering from Halloween night! Making banners is my first love of crafting and having Kiwi Lane Design templates in my back pocket made this whole project super easy to pull together. I have been wanting to have something special to snaz up my Thanksgiving motif and this little crafty number really speaks on the season.
Here is how I did it!
- Kiwi Lane Templates: Shapes 8T, 7T, Holiday 4T, Nature 4 and 1
- SEI Card Board Banner Kit
- Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folders: Divine Swirls, Distressed Strips, Swiss Dots, Musical Florish
- Wooden Lettering
- Gold Glitter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hemptique Hemp Cord
- Crinkle Ribbon
All I did was design a layout using the actual templates and then I sprayed down some wooden letters with Color Shine and dusted with Glitter. I then traced and cut out templates, ran through the embosser and inked edges. I confirmed placement and then stated to build each pennant by layering burlap, tulle, cut, then letter. I added buttons to finish and then ran hemp cord through the pennants, linking them together. I finished by cutting down three different colored crinkle ribbon and tied in between each pennant..
There you have it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Now for a fun giveaway from me. All you need to do is LIKE me on Facebook and tell me what you are thankful for in a quick post on my PAGE for and you will be in the running for Tiny Holiday Template set so you can get your own holiday craftin’ on! I will announce the lucky winner on November 7th!
Next up is the fabulous Kerri from Craft Time and Cupcakes!
- Kiwi Lane http://kiwilane.com/here/blog/
- Cristine Redmond http://onescrappynovice.blogspot.com
- Joy Nielsen www.threadsnscraps.com
- Van Nguyen http://likethecar.blogspot.com
- Minousha Bari http://preservedscraps.blogspot.com
- Lissa Mitchell http://mightycrafty.blogspot.com
- Arin Flynn http://apieceoflifespie.com You are Here
- Kerri Smith http://www.crafttimeandcupcakes.com/
- Christine Meyer http://scrappingwithchristine.blogspot.com
- Christina Steel www.tinasscrapcrap.blogspot.com