Over at You Had Me At Craft, she has a challenge every Monday called, Made It Myself Monday’s. This weekend I have been working on invites for our Halloween Party. This will be the first Halloween party I have thrown in our new house. Anyone that knows me, knows that I love Halloween and the other house we sold was in a neighborhood where the surrounding community would bus in the kids…LITERALLY! We would have close to 300-400 trick-or-treaters each Halloween.
This was sooooo up my alley, so I would spend the month decorating, make my big run to Costco for candy and on the big night, I would have an open house for close friends and family where I would make homemade mac and cheese or chili and pull out my COSTCO sized bags, a stool and sit at the door from 5:30-8:30 passing out candy non-stop. It was so much fun!
Our new neighborhood does have its share of trick-or-treaters, but since we live on a cul-de-sac on a hill, we don’t get many of those little folks decked out as Tink or Spiderman. So I am taking this in my own hands and throwing a party!
Thank you for coming and sharing a piece of “Made It Myself Monday” pie with me!
- Simply Charmed – Ghost cut at “Real Dial Size” 3 inches
- Storybook – Marquise cut at 6 inches and 5 1/4 inches
Cuttlebug: Spots and Dots
- Recollections Black Smooth
- Recollections Orange Smooth – I printed out invite details and cut down to 2.5 x 2.5 inches (roughly)
- Recollections Textured White – This is the base of the invite and was cut down to 7 2/3 inches wide by 5 inches in height.
- Cloud 9 Seasonal – Jo-Ann’s
- Sakura Med Black Jelly Roll Pen
- Stampin’ Up Classic Black Stamp Pad
- Stampin’ Up Pastels – Pretty and Pink
Halloween Baker’s Twine (My Craft Spot)
Glossy Accents (for the eyes)