Being a “home chef” or at least that is what Martha Stewart would call me, I find that there are essential tools of the trade that are not only a staple, but a MUST have to help set me up for success in mastering recipes.
Today I will be focusing on dutch ovens and ceramic coated iron cookware. If I had the lucky “money tree” growing in my backyard, I would own every piece there is out there. Currently, I have collected 3 pieces; a stock pot, a casserole dish and a small souffle/ roasting pot. All three are from different manufactures and even one of the pieces I got after my grandmother passed away that she used for 50 years!
What do I love about these pieces of cookware?
- They cook, bake and roast evenly.
- They go from stove to oven to fridge in one meal preparation, making clean-up and storage much more time friendly.
- They hold temperature amazingly!
- They are durable for my rough AND VERY heavy hand in the kitchen
- They clean with ease.
- They don’t need to be treated like traditional iron cookware.
- The hold their appearance even for decades!
Yes, they can be expensive, but they can make a good “wish list” idea for those special occasions. You can also work coupons at Bed, Bath and Beyond, hit the sales at Williams Sonoma or even find good buys on EBAY. That is where I found my big stock pot. I got it on EBAY for a STEAL! It was $65 with free shipping brand new!