RSS Feed

KABOOM! Fireworks Celebration! FCCB#118 Challenge and My 100th Post!

Happy Birthday Week America!  Today is the kick-off of a very big and exciting week around camp Pie!  First off, today is the first time participating in the FCCB (Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog) as a Design Team member and coincidently my 100th post! Secondly, this is the week we celebrate America’s birthday! What better way to start celebrating it, by making a project for this week’s challenge at FCCB!

This week’s challenge over at FCCB is making a project with a firework, sparkler, rocket, or anything that goes KABOOM! Follow me on over  and get to creating! I would love to see what you got cookn’ with your Cricut!

What I came up with was making personalized candy tossing pails for the kiddos that are doing the 4th of July Push and Pull’em Parade with us.  It is a parade where there are literally more people in the parade than watching it.  It is a time for 100’s of local families and friends to get together and deck out their scooters, strollers, bikes, wagons and whatever else they can get their hands on and just celebrate this great nation’s birthday!  It does dump into a HUGE street fair, which is TROUBLE for me…and the hubs wallet!

Picture from the position of “middle” of the 4th of July Push and Pull’em Parade… yeah it is the hot spot to be every July 4th!

I really like working with vinyl and I had a new stamp set to test out, so I was in heaven this past week in my craft studio.  Needless to say I was having a ton of fun whipping out 5 of these.

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th!  Thanks for coming and sharing a piece of, “Happy Birthday America” pie with me.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Recipe:

Cricut Cartridge: Stand Up and Salute (vinyl fireworks 2 inch for the large and 1 1/4 inch for the small and USA 2 inch both images cut at Real Dial Size : Note: I did cut out a second layer in blue and trimmed of all the USA outline down to only the section for of blue for the stars and glued that on to of the outline layer Mini Monograms (for circles cut at Real Dial Size layer 1 4 inches second layer 3 3/4) Learning Curve (1 inch letters for name on the bucket)

Medium sized Sand Bucket – Party City

Red and white vinyl  and transfer tape – expressionsvinyl.com

Cuttlebug: Swiss Dots

Stickles – Diamonds (Fireworks on the buckets) and Silver (for stars on the USA)

Stamp Ink: My Pink Stamper- Serendipity

Sentiment – My Pink Stamper – Yankee Doodles

Image Stamp: My Pink Stamper – Yankee Doodle

Embossing – Martha Stewart’s Sterling

Heat Gun

ATG

Pop Dots

1/8 red ribbon – Celebrate It

Advertisements

About apieceoflifespie

I am a stay at home domestic engineer that has a love for my family, food, writing, crafting, photography and most of all a clean and orderly house. I feel I was born in the wrong era in many things and the only thing I would change if I was a "Donna Reed or June Cleaver" kind of mom is that I would still get to wear my sweats and Crocs while washing the windows.

17 responses »

1. Great project!! Perfect for the holiday!

2. Congrats on your 100 posts and first DT project!! Your little pails turned out adorable, I love the fireworks images in the background of the USA!!! Great job!!

3. Arin, this is great. In my mom’s town part of the 4th of July parade is very similar to yours. Love the pail with all the fireworks. So much fun!

4. What a fun project,hope you enjoy all your celebrations.
    Jayne x

5. Arin, what a great project! Congrats on 100 posts. Happy 4th! Have fun and stay safe.

Janea

6. Arin this is fab, looking forward to working with you at FCCB
    xHugsx
    Nikki

7. How cute! I love this idea!

8. Arin this is really cute. What a fun idea and I love what your town does I wish more did it. I would think that you all would become closer. Congrats, and I look forward to working with you.

9. This is so awesome, Arin!! Congrats on your 1st FCCB post & you’re 100th post!! That’s a lot to celebrate & I’m so thrilled for you! You rock, girlfriend!!

Your BBB,
    Diana 🙂
    Leelee Card Designs

10. Love your project, what a fun idea! Welcome to the Design Team!
    FCCB DT

11. Arin, what a cute idea & very original! glad to be on the DT with you!

12. Hey Arin- Love the bucket and the name of course..LOL. I’ve been following your blog for a while ( ever since you won a challenge over at MPS) and now I’ve finally put it together that were now on FCCB DT together…duh! Holly 🙂

13. Such a great project! Congratulations & look forwarding to working with you on the team!
    Melissa
    FCCB DT
    scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

14. Amazing project. Love the Patriotic theme and you did a fantastic job decorating them. The kids are sure to love them. Looks like a fun day at the Parade too.

Have a great day!