TGIF! Well Cupid is almost here and Kiwi Lane Designs is hosting a heartfelt blog hop until 11:59 PM MST, Sunday, February 9th! There are great giveaways and fantastic inspirations by some amazingly talented ladies. If you got here from Glow Worm Designs, you are in the right place. If you just joined the party, head HERE and get to hoppin’. Be sure to leave a comment over at Kiwi Lane Designs official blog to place you in the running for an opportunity to score yourself some amazing KLD swag of your choice! The winner will be announced on the KDL blog on February 16th.
I also have some goodies heading to one lucky follower up for grabs. To get in the running, be sure to:
- leave a comment HERE
- be follower
- and LIKE my Facebook page
You could be seeing the mailman pull up with the likes of this brand new must-have paper crafting tool and a few other crafty surprises I have cookin’. I will be announcing the lucky winner on Monday, February 10th.
Now for my “heartfelt” project!
As many of you know I love making wreaths and yarn wreaths are my favorite to make. I found this wreath and was “pinspried”! I have a sweet friend, Jill from Everyday is an Occasion that hosts an annual charity called “Craft for a Cause” and this little guy headed to the Midwest to be donated for the event.
Using some cozy yarn I found on clearance at Michales, I wrapped a 14 inch foam wreath. Using the KDL Sweetheart Template 2 I traced using a pencil on the backside of some cute chevron fabric, cut the hearts out and hot glued it to the wreath.
I then wrapped some hemp cord around making a crisscrossing pattern over the hearts.
Using a very small embroidery hoop, I painted the wooden hoop white and covered with a chevron fabric. I made the twine lollipop using this method.
Using some felt sheets I happened to have in my stash, I made some quick flowers and embellished with some pearls.
There you have it, a quick and simple way to add some warm sweetness to “Sweetheart Day”. Speaking of sweetness, the ever-so-talented AND my personal crafty buddy, Holly over at Ribbons a Glue has an awesome project up next. . . the kind of project that makes you say, ” Brilliant! Why did I not think of that?!”.
- Kiwi Lane http://kiwilane.com/here/blog/
- Charissa Miller http://www.akihasmommascraps.com
- Claire Spielmanhttp://scrapmyway.blogspot.com
- Lissa Mitchell: http://mightycrafty.blogspot.com
- Kristy MacKeen http://mamasanity.blogspot.com
- Gail Owens http://glowormdesigns.blogspot.com
- Arin Flynn https://apieceoflifespie.com/ You are Here!
- Holly Gagnon http://ribbonsandglue.com
- Jennifer Blomquisthttp://www.nwstamper.com/
- Christine Meyerhttp://scrappingwithchristine.blogspot.com
Project Supply List:
- FloraCraft Foam Wreath
- Embroidery Hoop (small)
- Kiwi Lane Designs – Sweetheart template
- Hemptique Baker’s Twine
- Hemptique Hemp Cord – Very Berry
- DecoArt Americana-Warm White
- Pick Your Plum – Chevron Fabric
- 1 inch circle punch
- Felt Sheets
- Pearl Embellishments
- Xyron Tape Runner Adhesive
- Hot Glue
- Straight pins